Since this is the first post of 2012 I wanted to share something profound and mind blowing. But, then I had nothing to offer so you’re stuck with this…
My resolutions for 2012!
This year I only have one. (Drum roll implied!)
Seek God daily in His Word, through prayer and through listening to the Holy Spirits calling for my life. Make Him and His will #1 in my and pass the habit on to my children through example.
So some thoughts that might aid me in this resolution…
· Don’t procrastinate: get up early (without waking the kids I hope) sit down and dig into His word.
· Strive to keep the distractions to a minimum. Use this time for God and nothing else.
· Concentrate on listening to his voice and what he has to say for me.
· Don’t just read/pray to get it checked off the to-do-list.
· Pray without ceasing and abide in Him!
· Get rid of the “prayer blockers”: unrepentant heart (Psalm 66:18-19), praying for show (Matthew 6:5), repetitive empty words (Matthew 6:7-8), prayers not prayed (James 4:2), prayers with a lustful heart (James 4:3), prayer with bitterness in my heart (Mark 11:25-26), praying with a faithless heart (James 1:6-8). (borrowed from “The Love Dare”)
· Pray by asking, seeking and knocking (Matthew 7:7-11), Pray in faith (Mark 11:24), Pray in secret (Matthew 6:6), Pray according to God’s will (1 John 5:14), pray in Jesus name (John 14:13-14), join other believers in prayer (Matthew 18:19-20), pray while fasting (Acts 14:23), pray from an obedient life (1 John 3:21-11),pray while abiding in Christ and His Word (John 15:7), Pray while delighting in the Lord (Psalm 37:4). (borrowed from “The Love Dare”)
· Let every action not just be a reaction but a thought through purposeful and prepared action. This is only possible through God and the leading of His Spirit.
· Live and act so that God would not be embarrassed that I call myself his child.
· Give God the glory for the great things He has done!
· Not my strength but by His power!