Lavender is my favorite of all oils. We use it here at the Hoggatt house daily. It was the first oil I ever purchased and we have gone through many bottles since! It was my “gateway” oil as Hubby calls it. Haha! But I have won him over with it also. I carry it in my purse and never leave home without it.
What is Lavender oil?
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. ~ From The Young Living Product Catalog
Uses: Diffuse, directly inhale, take as a dietary supplement or apply topically
Here are a few ideas of how we use it!
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Rub on lips to remove dead skin and leave them soft and silky.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging lavender essential oil on or around affected areas.
- Rub on scrapes or bruises to disinfect and help heal.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Rub on sore tummies to relieve pain.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.
- Rub on sore muscles to relieve tension.
Basically When in doubt…Lavender it!
For more info fell free to contact me!