Welcome to Day 1/Week 1 of our Proverbs ~ One Chapter a Day study!
In case you missed it or are late joining in here is where to grab the resources for this Summer study! Proverbs Study Materials
Yesterday Courtney at Women Living Well shared a great intro video to kick off the Proverbs study!
This week’s scripture to commit to memory is Proverbs 3:5-6
Today I will share some of my reflections from Proverbs 1.
What makes a man wise according to Proverbs?
Wisdom can be broken down into three virtues or characteristics that we see in a person.
- His Character
- His Relationships
- His Words
As we study through Proverbs keep those three things in mind and evaluate yourself to see if you fall into the Wise or Foolish categories in those areas.
Wisdom is the keyword of Proverbs. It occurs over 40 times in this book!
Let’s S.O.A.K it up!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
They will be like a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.
- Fear of the Lord = a loving reverence for God that includes submission to his power, will, and commands of his word.
- Fools hate knowledge and correction of any kind. They are quick to quarrel and let their anger control them. They trust themselves rather than God.
- A parent prepares you for life in the world. Those who follow that wisdom add beauty and honor to their lives.
- The world offers false security and empty promises. In the end, it is you are just hurting yourself by following it.
- Wisdom is like a fountain that constantly refreshes and strengthens the heart.
- Being a fool will end in destruction! But whoever listens and gains wisdom from God will live in safety and be at ease; without fear of harm.
Am I a FOOL?
Do I study God’s word for his wisdom or trust myself and seek worldly wisdom? Only by digging deeper into His truth can I become wise! Knowledge, wisdom and instruction start by having a loving reverence for Him. It is a choice to submit to his will for me. I choose to fear the Lord! I choose to enjoy God’s protection!
Kneeling in Prayer:
Lord, help me to seek you for wisdom and knowledge. Let me not be fooled by the false promises and appeal of the world. May I live in loving reverence of you and submit to your plan for my life!
How can I pray for you?
Make sure to join in the discussion everyday on The Hoggatt Homeschool Faebook Page!