Spring has sprung, kinda! For the most part we are having spring weather here in SE Kansas. However, we did get a fluke cold day with snow this week. Spring is the time of year that flowers blossom, new life appears and BUGS come out of hiding! The last is my least favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I know bugs have a purpose and some are harmless, but I hate mosquitos, wasps and ants!
I started seeing the first sign of an ant invasion this morning so it lead me to this post. I think that some how our house was built on a giant fortress of ants, the long lost ant city or something like that. Every spring I start the month long battle to keep them out. We have tried everything!!!!! Even the yucky pesticides that I hate using. It never works. Eventually I think they just give up and move on to other territory to conquer.
This year is different! I have oils on my side!!!!! Did you know?… Most pesky things don’t like peppermint. So to a spray bottle I went! I diluted peppermint oil with water and sprayed away!!!! I haven’t seen as many since and my house smells nice too.
I am also using it in my barns to chase the mice away I hope it works just as well!
Another “Bug Be Gone” oil that we use is purification oil. It is a blend of citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, Melaleuca, lavandin, and myrtle. We use this blend as our bug repellent. It is also soothing to bug bites, stings or scratches.
So are you ready for the spring and summer bug be gone seasons? If not feel free to contact me for more information on young living essential oils!
Lavender is my favorite of all oils. We use it here at the Hoggatt house daily. It was the first oil I ever purchased and we have gone through many bottles since! It was my “gateway” oil as Hubby calls it. Haha! But I have won him over with it also. I carry it in my purse and never leave home without it.
What is Lavender oil?
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. ~ From The Young Living Product Catalog
Uses: Diffuse, directly inhale, take as a dietary supplement or apply topically
Here are a few ideas of how we use it!
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Rub on lips to remove dead skin and leave them soft and silky.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging lavender essential oil on or around affected areas.
- Rub on scrapes or bruises to disinfect and help heal.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Rub on sore tummies to relieve pain.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.
- Rub on sore muscles to relieve tension.
Basically When in doubt…Lavender it!
For more info fell free to contact me!
I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and lots of sinus pressure. This reminded me that I was going to share some of my tricks with you for beating the winter sniffles, coughs and down right yuckies!
The first thing I always go to for sinus problems, runny noses or stuffy noses is my Neti Pot. The first time you use it you think your going to drown. But once you get it down you will think me!
My next go to is Thieves oil. I gargled with it once and wallah my sore throat was gone!
What is Thieves Oil?
A mixture of clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils. It is highly anti-infectious and kills 99.9% of airborne bacteria. It also helps in naturally supporting the immune system.
Here are some of my favorite uses…
– Put a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in a capsule and swallow with water to support your immune system.
– Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend for 15–30 minutes in your home or office to help eliminate airborne bacteria.
– Dilute with coconut oil or V-6 and rub on the bottom of your feet, lower back, neck or chest before heading to bed.
– Natural antibacterial cleaner.
– Spray on fabric such as couch, stuffed animals, etc…to kill bacteria.
– Apply to anything sticky and you can easily remove it.
– Sore throat or cough remedy…Add 2-3 drops Thieves + 1 drop Lemon and 2 T. warm water. Gargle or drink as a tea.
And so much more!!!!